Week 3: 9/12

KJB: Genesis (Chapter 1-3)

The text affected me personally because of the way the bible describes God’s intentions towards the universe. In other words, it aligns with my beliefs with God’s role in the world. The King James Bible often delineates how God would ask for something in the world, and it would appear. For example, “God said let there be light, and there was light” {Genesis 1:4}, which conveys that God’s thoughts were created into physical forms. This supports my beliefs because I believe God’s thoughts were so powerful, that he had the ability to do this.

The narrators tone in the King James Bible made God seem very determined because of the vision that he had for the world. In the King James Bible, it states ” everything that creepeth upon the Earth, after his kind: God saw that it was good” {Genesis 1:25}, this shows that God believed everything that would touch Earth after he envisioned it, would be good. Which shows the determination in God’s work, because he wanted everything to be good in his kind, and so he created many elements to bring out to the Earth with a purpose and an intention.